Sunday 11 August 2013

A Nice Day on the Water

Ah...the trend of perfect weekend summer days in Toronto continues and this weekend, I head up to the Sunnyside Beach to try Stand-up Paddle boarding with a Groupon that I bought. 

There were lots of people on the beach with us, tanning, playing beach volleyball and doing water sports. 



This particular Groupon was with Toronto Adventures and they basically have a little tent on the side with 2 guys manning the tent. 

Our paddleboards at the tent...almost ready to go

After a quick lesson, everybody started paddleboarding on the water. Well you basically push the boards up to water that's knee deep before getting on the board and kneeling. 

Kneeling/sitting is OK too 
Everyone pretty much starts standing within 2 minutes of being on the board. Though if the waves are the slight bit rocky, chances of falling in is quite high ( ~80%)

Away I go!!!
On the way back we saw some people taking photos for their wedding and couples just chilling on the beach. 

Those are some intense bridemaids' dresses....

Overall I would really recommend anyone to try this activity. I enjoyed the sitting and paddling aspect more then the standing bit. And I would say sitting down and paddling is nicer just because you get to put your feet in the water, something that you can't do in a canoe or kayak.


I love canoeing too! 
 Have a good week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Concrete canoe memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a bunch of fun! How was paddle boarding? Lucas and I might want to go later on in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol @paulradcliffe that last photo looks like a concrete canoe photo...Good times!

    @Chrissymon: It was great! You should totally go! I'm gonna go again b/c Rowan didn't get to go this time and I got him a groupon already.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...