Sunday 18 March 2012

Indian Food at Banjara


Another week, another birthday, it almost feels like everybody's birthday is in March somehow. This week, we ventured into the delicious world of Indian food. I'll admit that I'm a huge fan of Indian food, but sometimes I do feel a little bit intimidated by it since I don't know what all the dishes mean and the fact that some of their food can be incredibly spicy doesn't help either. So I was delighted when I found that we were going to Banjara Indian Cuisine on Bloor street for Shreya's birthday. Since she's Indian, I figured she could show me what's good and what's bad.

I got a mango lassi to start off my meal and it was nice and sweet and thick. Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink and comes in sweet, salty and mango. I've had mango lassi before at the local indian cuisine place on campus but always found it too water for my liking. Banjara's lassi was really creamy and thick and it was so much better then the local campus place's lassi. :)


I found out later that you're suppose to drink your lassi with your food in case it gets too hot. I made the mistake of drinking too quickly and not saving any of it for my food.

Shreya got us an appetizer that had cottage cheese, onions and peppers. I think it was called the Paneer Tikka and it came on a sizzling plate. 
It sizzled when it came too!

I love Paneer!
A lot of us got the combo platters which came with rice, your respective meat/vegetarian dish and a lot of other stuff.

There's a vegetable curry with the combo platter too.
I got the Lamb Korma which I believe is like the beef version of butter chicken. The meat was really tender and I loved how much sauce I got with the dish.

There's even rice pudding with the platter!

There was also complimentary nan for everyone. Only 1/2 a piece per person, but it really complimented the food!


Shreya also got us another appetizer called Pekora and you eat them with chutney. I wasn't a big fan of these little guys since I found them a bit dry.


Overall Banjara was a great place and I would love to go back and try more dishes there. The food was good, not too spicy and the service was great.

Extras:
It also happened to be quite foggy that day and Queen's Park looked very mysterious with all the fog.

Love the light streaks of the cars




Enchanted forest anyone?
Richmond hill was covered in fog the whole day and this is what it looked like as I got off the bus.

Kinda reminds of scenes in horror movies...

 Last week was Gradball and they had mango charlotte as dessert. Very pretty and very yummy :)


Too pretty not to take another view of the food :)

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...