Saturday 10 March 2012

Kris and Sophie's Birthday at Etsu



 It was Kris and Sophie's birthday and we had a small gathering at Etsu on Baldwin Street. I've never met someone with the same birthday as me and it's nice that Kris and Sophie had enough overlapping friends to celebrate their birthdays together.

Etsu was a pretty small restaurant and seats under 30 people. But the place was nicely decorated with large photos on each wall and fresh tulips on each table.


The menus had this embroidered covering and a metal plate. Very chic-looking indeed.


Even though I've never been to Japan before, the place did feel very authentic and I liked how the staff wore kimonos.


All of the food that we got was so beautifully presented, definitely a feast for the eyes. 

Kris's sushi pizza

Chelsea got this interesting dish with sashimi on top and rice at the bottom. Not sure what it was called, but very pretty looking indeed :)


Kai got the sushi set and I just love the presentation of the sushi on the plate. One thing I have noticed when I go out for "Sushi" most people get rolls or sashimi or teriyaki. We never really get sushi which is raw fish on balls of rice, sounds gross but I swear it's really good!

Even the wasabi is in a flower shape.

Kris the birthday girl got the red dragon roll and it was the prettiest roll of the night. The linear alignment of the rolls really made it look like a dragon.


Shreya got the vegetable tempura and even a simple dish like that that came in a beautiful structure. I got the spicy roll set and the spicy salmon was so good! I would definately get it again.




We got complimentary homemade coconut alcohol ice cream. I don't usually eat anything with coconut in it since I dislike the flavour. But in this case, the chunks of coconut really added texture to the ice cream and the flavour was not too overpowering. The alcohol was also subtle and added to the overall taste of the ice cream.

We got the birthday girls handbags for their birthday. A Nine West bag for Kris since she needs more feminine pieces for her wardrobe, a Tommy Hilfiger bag for Sophie so she has more choice in her wardrobe. 

Overall, Etsu was a nice, chic place to grab dinner your friends after a long day at school. Great little place, would definitely go back. :)

Extras:
They were having a buy 1 get 1 free sale at Rexall on a lot of their makeup products. Since I had picked up a Revlon Lip Butter earlier in the week, I decided to get two more. I'm just such a sucker for these deals.

At least they look pretty all lined up...
I love ice cream!
Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...