Sunday 4 March 2012

FeO Day


An iron ring ( FeO) is a ring given to graduating engineering students in Canada as a reminder of their obligation to the public and their safety.  Worn on the pinky of the dominant hand, it will serve as a symbol of that obligation for the rest of my career.  

After waiting for four and half years, paying 40K in tuition money, I finally got mine yesterday! 

Pre-ringing, we're sad that we have no ring.

To be admitted into ritual, one must have registered and received an invite to participate in the ceremony.  Since everyone had to be there early, we took some before and after ringing photos to commemorate this occasion. 

My bare pinky, pre-ringing...
We finally got our ring after 3 o'clock! So of course, some obligatory posing photos to commemorate this occasion. :) 
Before
After!




Since a lot of my friends are leaving Toronto after graduation, this was a good opportunity to take some photos with everyone present. 

Pinky -2-pinky style!

I'm going to miss you Kris!
 Life at U of T would not have been the same without these lovely ladies. They were really there for me through thick and thin and I'm so glad that we were in the same program for the last five years. :)

Annie got her ring before me that morning and even though we're not in the same program, FeO day is not complete without a picture with her.



Ring close up.

Congratulations to my fellow 1T1+ PEYS and 1T2s who also got their FeO yesterday! End of term is approaching in less then 8 weeks, and there's a lot more work to be done until then. But I'm pretty sure I'll miss this place and more importantly, the people, when I'm gone. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you took off your watermarks! FINALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I forgot to add them this time...oh well, next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jia Yi!!! Welcome to the cult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul!! I know getting the ring is the easy part but I'm still excited !!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...