Tuesday 27 August 2013

Exploring Beautiful Victoria BC


On the agenda today was a short trip to Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. However, the thing I was most excited about was taking the Seaplane from Seattle to Victoria. 

I first saw these small airplanes when I was in Vancouver earlier this year and I had thought to myself at the time wow! That looks so cool! I really wanna try that :D.  I saw an ad for Seaplane rides to Victoria and jumped on the opportunity. This particular model  we went on took about 10 people (including the pilot). 


Once you're in the air, you fly over the Strait of Juan De Fuca and take in the surrounding islands, the mountains and the beautiful waters.




Once we got to Victoria, the sun started shinning and the weather took a turn for the better.


Victoria, is the capitol of British Columbia and there are many remnants of its colonial days in the inner harbour. It's also one of the spots with the nicest weather in Canada.

Lots of horse-drawn carriage rides available through the downtown core.
 It's just such a picturesque little town with all the pretty flowers hanging.


The BC legislative building overlooks the harbour and is probably the prettiest provincial legislative building I've ever seen ( I've been to all 10 provinces and have seen most of the legislative buildings in Canada)

Really green grass too :D
 Since I've been whale watching three times in my life and have never seen a whale before, I'm much happier to take a photo of the landscaped orca instead of go on another whale watching trip to be disappointed :)

I like this much better then whale watching
We ended up renting bikes to go around Victoria. After some wandering, we ended up at Ogden's Point where the view was amazing!

Too bad it was so cloudy, it would've been nice to see the mountains
I was pretty happy about getting to bike though :D
After we returned our bikes, we tried the fish and chips shop next door and was very pleasantly surprised.


We got the two -piece salmon fish and chips and it was amazing!! The batter was just right and it was so fresh!

The salmon was sooo good!
 I must say the Pacific salmon in Victoria is definitely very different from whatever-kind-of-salmon I have in Toronto. The colours are a deeper red and the taste is also a bit different too.


We took the ferry back from Victoria and was treated to this lovely view of the sunset :)


 It's been a long but very fun day. I hope yours was as great as mine too. :) Good night everyone.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...