Sunday 25 August 2013

Good Morning Seattle!


I'm in the Seattle area for a short trip over the next few days, so I thought I'd start blogging about what's happened so far.

The weather this morning was pretty amazing, warm, sunny and just a slight breeze in the air. We started our day off with brunch at Toulouse Petit,  a restaurant near our hotel in the Queen Anne area of Seattle. 

According to the restaurant menu, they were the 5th best restaurant in America in 2012 and 10th in the world. Currently, they're ranked #7 in all of the restaurants in Seattle area on TripAdvisors.


Nice and packed for Sunday Brunch

Since coffee is the drink of choice in this town, I decided to get a cup of joe to start my day too. When in Rome, do as the Romans do right?

My first time trying real French press! I loved it!

I got the Pork Cheek Hash with apples, eggs and bits of asparagus. Having never tried pork cheek before, I chose this because I wanted to try something new and also because it was featured on the Food Network Show "Best thing I ever ate".

 


I have to say, the pork cheek was quite tender and flavourful and overall, I really liked the dish and I would eat pork cheek again :). Hey, don't knock it till you tried it right?

I also got a bowl of fruit with granola on the bottom. Yum :)

I love Pineapples!!!

Kerry Park

After brunch, we headed over to Kerry Park, just north along the Queen Anne Street, where you can get one of the best views of the Seattle skyline.

Note: this walk was extremely steep and according to Wikipedia, the maximum elevation was 139 m ( ~46.5 stories). Be prepared to feel out of breathe by the time you reach the top and bring your walking shoes!

Of course, the view from the top was quite worth it.

Ta-da!

We then headed over to the Space Needle and the surrounding Seattle Center area. Seattle, being the host for the 1962 World's Fair constructed the Space Needle and the Monorail for the event.




As you go up the elevator to the observation deck, you get a very nice view of the Seattle downtown area.


I also liked how the McDonald's downstairs was smart enough to paint their logo on the roof.


Once you get up to the top, you get a breath taking view of the Seattle area, Puget Sound and Lake Union.

Loved the view of the small sea planes taking off / landing
Can you find the giant cruise ship?

The small sea planes comes very close to the Space Needle
Its been a fun and exciting day today. Look forward to more updates on my adventures in the Pacific Northwest!

Have a good one everyone :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a blast! Keep posting and enjoy yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chrissy! It's raining tmr here but hopefully that won't ruin my day too much :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...