Sunday 27 March 2016

The Golden Triangle Part II - Glamping & the Pink City


Hey guys! This is Part II of my G Adventures India Tour. You can find Part I here

Happy Easter Weekend everyone!! 

So where did we leave off? After seeing majestic Taj Mahal, it was time for a change of pace. We go for a brief "camping" experience in the Indian countryside. After a restful night in a super nice "tent" where we had running water, electricity and nice beds, it was time for a hike at sunrise.



We actually started a bit after the sun rose which was good since this was an unmarked, unlit path in the Indian countryside with lots of loose gravel. 

After about half an hour of hiking, we were at the top!

Gorgeous!

At the time, there were some riots in the countryside disturbing our itinerary so we went back to one of the oldest stepwells in India that we had missed the day before.


Apparently, this was how people used to get water in the desert since water was such a scarce resource and the stepwells made it easier for lots of people to access the water. It's interesting since they've also made the place a temple and a place of learning as well.

I love how well built and preserved it was. Ancient people are so smart ^^.




Jaipur


Finally, we get to the 3rd destination- Jaipur, also known as the Pink City since there's a terracotta wall surrounding the old city. According to my friends, Jaipur is an important historic city where you can find more of the traditional Indian crafts. And this was also the place for spotting huge nose rings!!!! So I have to let you guys in on a secret...ever since I saw Shreya's nose ring at the wedding , and I found out that she ONLY wore a "small" version with much larger and more elaborate ones worn by people in everyday situations...I was obsessed with seeing one in real life. And I was told that Jaipur was the place to find such ...sights. Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone sporting a giant one like this :(

Driving into the city, you get greeted by the traditional buildings everywhere. What a lovely site to behold...

Everything is so cute!

We spent a day touring the city sites and I actually saw a snake charmer in real life! I had always thought that this was something that was fake but I was surprised to learn that it is a traditional craft here! Although, the snake wasn't so much dancing to the music when the guy was playing...it was still a cool sight to see.


The working city palace was a delightful place to visit and I loved all the elaborate decorations.





Overall, I had a blast in India! From getting to see my friend get married to seeing such amazing cultural sites, I hope you've enjoyed looking at my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.  Now that I've had a small taste of the country, I want to go back to see other parts like Goa, Varanasi and maybe celebrating Holi?   We'll see where adventure will take me next... Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...