Saturday 17 May 2014

Goodbye Grad School!

 Hello everyone! Seems like it's been another while since I've had the chance to post. I hope you guys are all doing well :). As for me, I've just been busy living the post grad life and enjoying my "free-time".

For this particular post, me and the two awesome people who helped me on my M.Eng project went out for a post-project celebratory dinner. I really couldn't have done it without either of their help in my project. Plus, it was also nice to catch up over the last few weeks.

We ended up going to one of my favourite restaurant in Toronto, Bannock, part of the Oliver + Bonnacini chain on Queen and Bay.  I just feel like the food here is so good and the atmosphere is really nice yet the prices are still reasonable for the downtown core.

Everyone's casually dressed and you can see into the Bay!

On this particular trip, I got a salad and I tried the Piri Piri chicken.

Normal salad, nice presentation though

Yummy chicken!

 I had first tried this particular dish at Nando's,  a chain from the UK that recently expanded into Canada and I just loved the spices and how juicy the chicken was, even though it was grilled. In my experience, I usually find grilled food to be more dry. I found the Bannock version a slight bit drier but the spices were still very flavourful.

Lawrence, the PhD student got the steak on my recommendation.

Not the best presentation Bannock

Jeffrey, who's starting his master's got the burger and I got a side of the sweet potato fries to share :D
.
I try to get the fries everytime I go

The burger was too big so Jeffrey ended up eating it with a knife and fork lol.

I would probably have done the same

Overall, it was a great night out with friends and hopefully we'll get to do this again before the summer is over. So happy that I'm all done my M.Eng now and it's mostly thanks to these two awesome guys! So a humongous thank you to the two of you if you happen to be reading :).

Extras: Godzilla


On my way down to the restaurant, I passed by the Godzilla set/ad on Yonge and Elm. The subway car looked like it was coming out of the ground and the whole set was really well done!


If you din't know better, you really thought something came and did some serious damage to the subway( except that subways don't run on Elm St.).




Upon closer inspection though, you can see that the subway car was cut at an angle to make it seem like the car was coming out. Very clever!


So thanks for stopping by you guys! It's been a great week and I'll try to post some stuff from the upcoming long weekend. Now that I'm done my M.Eng, I feel like I should try out another hobby...or something. Any ideas/suggestions?

Anyways, bed time for me, as usual, thanks for reading and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating with your M.Eng!!

    You should totally become a Runner!! :p

    But seriously, I'd just take the summer to enjoy and do the things you wish you were doing instead of your M.Eng!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Paul! I have to write the P.Eng ethics exam in August but it's only 2-ish weeks of studying...(I hope)

    Maybe I'll do another trip...we'll see....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...