Sunday 12 January 2014

Hungry in Shanghai

Hey guys! I'm going to start a multi-part series documenting my recent two week trip in China. The trip starts with a seven day tour of Shanghai and the surrounding cities, then four days in Beijing, and another three in Hong Kong.  Let me start by telling you about my adventures in Shanghai and the beautiful West Lake in the Hangzhou city nearby.

I didn’t really get a chance to explore Shanghai since we were  on a tour but here was my brief glimpse into the city. It’s huge, busy, vibrant and exciting. 

Very futuristic looking skyline with the Oriental Pearl

 It really is an interesting city of old mixed with the new and much of the structures give off a futuristic feeling to the city. It was very common to see the locals practising tai chi and other exercises on the streets.



I got to try the local special xiaolongbao, a savory bread with meat and broth inside.


Janet gives her stamp of approval!

Yum!
 Even though we were here for a short time, I still had a really good time. I guess this just means that we'll have to come back again :).

West Lake

The next day we went to Hanzhou where to visit the beautiful West Lake where many famous Chinese poems has been composed about. The Chinese has been trying to preserve the environment around it and it was a nice and quiet retreat away from the normal hustle and bustle of the city.

Hard to find a place with no sky rises in sight

We got there right around sunset and it was a really nice view.


My next stop will be in Nanjing, stay tuned :D


1 comment:

  1. That sunset shot is gorgeous Jia Yi! Thank you for sharing! I look forward to the rest of the set!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...