Saturday 9 November 2013

Rendezvous avec Montreal


Hey guys! I guess it's been a while since I last updated but I just wanted to share some photos from my recent trip to Montreal. I was actually there for quite a few days but since I was really sick for most of the trip, I only took a few photos and what not. 

This is my second trip to Montreal this year and I can say I never get tired of this city. My hotel was right downtown so I got a chance to walk around the financial area while on my way to the drug store. Montreal pretty much closes down on Sundays so it was a nice treat to explore on my own. :)



Nice area to relax
On one of the days when I felt good enough to venture out, I grabbed some poutine nearby at Le Gros Jambon ( the big ham). It was a great retro place with fantastic poutine!


They even had Sprite in a glass bottle! I don't think I've seen this anywhere in North America. In fact these days, its tough enough to find coke in the glass bottles so to have Sprite was great!




I got duck added to my poutine too!
 Afterwards, we wandered down the street to Notre Dame and went inside to the cathedral.


Everything is intricately carved and gorgeous. 




Extras 

 Since I was so sick for my trip, I only took a few picture for the rest of my time in Montreal. 


Hmm more duck....
 Montreal is known for its love of arts and music. It was great having a live band perform over dinner :)



On another note, I just watched Aladdin the Musical tonight at the Ed Mirvish Theatre and it was AMAZING!! It's currently doing its pre-Broadway engagement in Toronto so I would advise all of you to catch the show before it leaves! I can't believe a musical as big as this would premiere in TORONTO of all places. But I'm glad I got to see it and I hope you will too!

Have a good one everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Great photos :) I'm glad you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting to see these places to empty.
    Too bad you were sick. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! Thanks for your comments and support! I'm now feeling much much better! It was another great trip to Mtl and hopefully I'll post more adventures in the near future :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...